Friday, February 11, 2011

Add to the scones

I made scones again yesterday..........this may become a problem.........
  Plus I will be making them again on Monday, hmmmmmmmmm, sounds great.

Anyway, I did it again, I thought of a way to make these scones even more tasteful than my palette already thinks they are. And my husband contributed to the mess also.

Pizza, one of my downfalls. I like to make Pizza.
you will need the following:
Your scone dough rolled out
1 tbs of pizza sauce per pizza pocket
a cup of shredded mozzerella
pepperoni if you would like
sliced jalapenos
olives of your choice
whatever else you like on a pizza

or apple pie filling (my husbands idea, shame on him)

here is a link to a great apple pie filling http://www.myhomecooking.net/apple-pie/apple-pie-filling.htm
I would make up my own, but I haven't tried it yet, so I don't want to lead you astray. :)

slice dough with a knife or pizza cutter into rectangles about 3x6 or however wide you want your pizza pocket.
layer ingredients like a pizza on half of the rectangle, and sauce on all of the rectangle. Make sure you leave1/4 of an inch of edge to pinch the dough closed.
Or if you are making apple pie goodness, layer your filling on one half. 
Fold over the top half of the rectangle with only the sauce on it, and pinch the edges closed.
Now fry like a scone, and be careful to not get holes in the crust while frying to make sure filling doesn't come out into the oil.
You can also, slather the outside of the uncooked pizza pocket with olive oil, and cook it in the oven at 400, for about 12 minutes, and watch carefully so they wont burn.
There ya go, easy pizza. Or Apple goodness
You can top the apple goodness with a glaze or butter.
Just don't eat them to often, because this recipe does not belong on a weight watchers website...............hehe
Pictures soon to come..........(which means I might be making some for dinner tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment